Pre-existing medical conditions
You will not be covered for any claim that arises directly or indirectly due to a Pre-existing Medical Condition.
Pre-existing Medical Condition means any physical defect, condition, illness or disease of You, Your Travel Companion, Relative or Business Partner for which:
- treatment, diagnosis, consultation, advice (including advice for treatment) has been received in the twelve (12) month period immediately preceding the Issue Date; or
- medication has been prescribed for in the twelve (12) month period immediately preceding the Issue Date; or
- treatment is planned and yet to be received; or
- a condition, the manifestation of symptoms of which a reasonable person in the circumstances would be expected to be aware at the Issue Date; and
- is not an Approved Medical Condition.
Approved Medical Conditions
Cover is available automatically and without the need to go through an assessment process for the approved medical conditions as set out in the table below and:
- the stipulated Requirement and/or Age Limits as set out in the table, where applicable, are met; and
- You are not travelling against medical advice; and
- You are not travelling for the purpose of seeking medical attention; and
- You have not been hospitalised (including day surgery or emergency department attendance) for the Pre-existing Medical Condition at any time during the twelve (12) months prior to the Issue Date (unless a shorter period is specified in the Requirement column); and
- You are not over the age of seventy six (76) years at any time during the Period of Insurance (or a lower age where specified).
|3||Benign Positional Vertigo|
|5||Carpal Tunnel Syndrome|
|10||Dry Eye Syndrome|
|19||Hypothyroidism, including Hashimoto’s Disease|
|20||Impaired Glucose Tolerance|
|23||Iron Deficiency Anaemia|
|41||Vitamin B12 Deficiency|
|Item||Medical Conditions||Requirement and/or Age Limit|
You have not had an asthma attack requiring treatment by a Doctor in the twelve (12) months immediately prior to the Issue Date and have no other lung disease.
You are not over the age of sixty (60) years at any time during the Period of Insurance.
|43||^Diabetes Mellitus (Type I)||
|44||^Diabetes Mellitus (Type II)||
|45||Epilepsy||There has been no change to Your medication in the twelve (12) months immediately prior to the Issue Date.|
|46||Gout||The gout has remained stable for the six (6) months immediately prior to the Issue Date.|
|47||Hiatus Hernia||No surgery is planned in the next twelve (12) months immediately after the Issue Date.|
|48||Hip Replacement||It was performed more than six (6) months immediately prior to the Issue Date.|
|49||Hypercholesterolemia (Raised Cholesterol)^||You do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease and/or Diabetes.|
|50||Hyperlipidaemia (Raised Lipids)^||You do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease and/or Diabetes.|
|51||Hypertension (Raised Blood Pressure)^||You do not also suffer from a known cardiovascular disease and/or Diabetes.|
|52||Peptic||Your condition has remained stable for more than six (6) months immediately prior to the Issue Date.|
|53||Stoke||If the stroke occurred more than twelve (12) months immediately prior to the Issue Date and no further rehabilitation or specialist review is planned.|
|54||Underactive Thyroid||If not as a result of a tumour.|
^ Diabetes (Type I and Type II), Hypertension (raised blood pressure), Hyperlipidaemia (raised lipids) or Hypercholesterolemia (raised cholesterol) are risk factors for cardiovascular disease. If You have a history of cardiovascular disease, and it is a Pre-existing Medical Condition, cover for these conditions is excluded.